Uninstall OfficeScan 10.5 without a password
Nothing is quite as frustrating in my line of work as trying to install new anti-virus only to find that the previous antivirus won’t allow you to uninstall it without a password. I recently had to uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan 10.5 from a computer, but it was password protected. After asking almighty Google, the results I were turning up were all geared toward older versions of OfficeScan.
Finally I found the answer. Here are the steps:
1. In your favorite text editor, open the file Ofcscan.ini generally located at:
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\Ofcscan.ini
Note: Thanks to Lautaro’s comment below, please be aware that these files may also be in C:\Program Files(x86)\ directory.
2. Search for the line containing Uninstall_Pwd or Unload_Pwd, which should be under the section INI_CLIENT_SECTION. It will look like:
3. The password is encrypted, but you can simply remove the encrypted portion and replace it with your own MD5 hash. Generate your own password by visiting my MD5 hash generator. Simply enter the password you want and it will make the hash for you.
4. On the Uninstall_Pwd line, after the !CRYPT! section, enter 111 and then the hash you generated above. For example, you can change the password to “password” by changing the line to read:
5. Save the Ofcscan.ini file and run the uninstaller again and use the new password you created.
This process worked like a champ for me and I was finally able to get Trend Micro OfficeScan 10.5 removed from the computer. Feel free to comment if you have any questions.